CBD oil products are available in different types and forms that cater to varying consumer needs. However, many consumers may not be familiar with some of the additives used, and a huge percentage assume they’re safe. The bad news is, some manufacturers use unsafe chemicals that may be included in product formulations but are not shown on the ingredients list.
Green Glass Labs tests popular supplements and those that have been suggested by consumers to verify their composition. Hence, customers can make informed decisions when buying vitamins and supplements. Also, purchasing products from CBD oil suppliers on our website provides funds for future testing, which enables us to post the reports absolutely free of charge.
Types and Forms of CBD Oil Products
CBD oil can be classified based on its constituent ingredients. There are three main types of CBD oil products, and they are:
- Full Spectrum CBD – This is CBD oil that contains compounds such as fatty acids, flavonoids, and phytonutrients. It may have hemp oil, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabinol, and all the other cannabinoids found in cannabis plants.
- Broad Spectrum CBD – Broad spectrum CBD oil has hemp extracts just like full-spectrum, but excludes THC which is psychoactive.
- Raw CBD – Raw CBD oil uses CO2 for extraction. The process doesn't use heat or solvents, and the entire hemp plant is used.
These oils can come in the following forms:
What Ingredients Should You Look for in CBD Oil Products?
CBD oil products may come with non-cannabinoid ingredients to help with their absorption into the body. That is because CBD is better absorbed when it’s taken with a carrier oil. The best carrier oils for CBD include coconut oil, olive oil, and hemp seed oil.
Which Additives Should You Avoid in CBD Oil Products?
CBD products can have more additives besides a carrier oil. Some of these are chemicals that might be toxic and should be avoided. They include:
- Propylene Glycol and Polyethylene Glycol – These are compounds commonly found in vape products. When they’re heated, they produce carcinogenic formaldehyde. Inhaling formaldehyde exposes the user to an increased risk of nasopharyngeal cancer.
- Dextromethorphan – This additive, which is common in CBD tinctures, is usually used in cough syrup. Dextromethorphan is a psychoactive compound that’s easily addictive and abused.
- 5F-ADB – This is a synthetic cannabinoid that has the same psychoactive effects as THC. It has side-effects such as headaches, psychosis, agitation, confusion, mydriasis, dizziness, and vomiting. 5F-ADB can also cause seizures.
Many companies dilute their CBD products with chemical ingredients to make more profits. At Green Glass Labs, we find out whether the products in the market contain any harmful ingredients and contaminants. We then share our findings with consumers to help them avoid such hazardous products.
Your Safety is Our Priority
A lot of products by some brands are not as effective or high-quality as manufacturers purport. At Green Glass Labs, we test and verify different vitamins and supplements. We then compare label claims and test results to find out which products are pure, safe, and as nutritious as the manufacturers say. Furthermore, we also rank certified CBD oil suppliers. Get in touch with us today on email@example.com for all your questions and queries.CBD oil suppliers